Back to China Documents Annual (ChiDocs).
Back to China.
Back to AIP Home Page.
Contents of Volume 2 (1990)
1 The Year 1990. Policy Statements
- Editorial, Ushering in the 1990s with Full Confidence. 1 January 1990
- Speeches by General Secretary Jiang Zemin and Premier Li Peng at a
Mass Gathering Held by the CPC Central Committee and the State Council
on the Occasion of the Spring Festival. 28 January 1990 4
- Editorial, Wholeheartedly Rely on the Working Class. In Celebration
of the 1 May International Labor Day. 1 May 1990 9
- Editorial, Bear in Mind the Party's Fundamental Objective. Commemorating
the 69th Founding Anniversary of the CPC. 1 July 1990 11
- Jiang Zemin, Army Day Speech. 31 July 1990 13
- Li Peng, Speech at a Reception Celebrating the 41st Anniversary of
the Founding of the PRC Held at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.
30 September 1990 16
2 Communist Party of China
- Commentator, Always Bear in Mind the Path You Have Taken! 17 February
- Communique of Sixth Plenary Session of 13th CPC Central Committee.
12 March 1990 23
- Text of CPC Central Committee Decision on Strengthening Ties With the
Masses. 12 March 1990 25
- Song Ping, An Important Document on the Building of a Ruling Party.
Reading Deng Xiaoping on Party Building. 20 April 1990 32
- CPC Central Committee, Regulations Governing the Democratic Activity
Meetings of Leading Cadres with Party Membership in Party and Government
Organs at County Level and Above. 29 June 1990 35
- CPC Circular on Improving Party Style. 21 December 1990 38
- Communique of the Seventh Plenary Session of the 13th CPC Central Committee.
30 December 1990 41
3 The United Front
- Opinions of the CPC Central Committee on Persisting in and Improving
the System of Multiparty Cooperation and Political Consultation Under the
Leadership of the CPC. 30 December 1989 46
- Jiang Zemin, Speech at the New Year Tea Party Hosted by the National
Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference in
Beijing on 1 January. 1 January 1990 52
- Zou Aiguo, Wang Renzhong Addresses CPPCC Meeting. 19 February 1990
- Political Resolution of the Third Session of the Seventh National Committee
of the Chinese People's Consultative Conference. Adopted at the Third Session
of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference National Committee
on 29 March 1990. 19 March 1990 56
- National United Front Work Conference Opens in Beijing. 11 June 1990
- Unity is Strength. 6 August 1990 63
- Nonparty Figures Appointed to Government Posts. 29 September 1990 65
4 Law and Government
- Premier Li Peng's Televised Speech on Lifting Martial Law in Beijing.
10 January 1990 66
- Chen Xingliang, Thoughts on Legal Points Concerning Post-Related Offenses.
26 January 1990 68
- CP Center Transmits Report of NPC Standing Committee Party Organization.
Demanding a High Degree of Attention from the Party Committees at All Levels,
Do a Good Job in the Work for the Next Session of County and Township Elections.
1 February 1990 72
- Grim Situation in Public Order. 9 February 1990 74
- NPC Standing Committee 13th Session Concludes. 15 March 1990 75
- Li Peng, Continue to Work for Stable Political, Economic, and Social
Development in China. Report on the Work of the Government. 20 March 1990
- Release of 221 Student Dissidents. 10 May 1990 104
- Zhang Sutang, He Ping, NPC Standing Committee Concludes Session. 28
June 1990 105
- Draft Copyright Law Revisions. 31 August 1990 106
- NPC Adopts Consular Regulations. 30 October 1990 108
- NPC Standing Committee Holds Session. 27 December 1990 109
5 Economic Affairs
- Commentator, What Is the Focus of Economic Work This Year? 23 January
- Five Features of the New Egalitarianism. February 1990 117
- Li Peng Points Out at the National Work Conference on Special Economic
Zones. The Special Economic Zones Must Serve as Windows and as Base Areas.
8 February 1990 118
- Li Peng on Reform. 18 February 1990 120
- Systematization of Feudal Economic Practices Inhibits Development.
March 1990 122
- Yu Zuyao, Debt Chains. Characteristics, Causes, and Solutions. 8 March
- Asiasat I. 7 April 1990 129
- Editorial, Concentrate Efforts on Boosting the National Economy. 20
April 1990 130
- Farmers Still Have Three Fears Concerning the Sale of Summer Grain.
22 June 1990 132
- Sun Benyao, Speech by Li Peng at a State Council Meeting. 11 July 1990
- Why Does the Capitalist Economy Continue to Develop? 19 August 1990
- Food Coupons Have Become the Second "Currency." 23 October
- Editorial, Strive to Fulfill This Year's Economic Development Plan.
3 November 1990 140
- State Council, Circular on Lifting Regional Market Blockades. 10 November
- CPC Center, State Council, Announcement on Agricultural and Rural Work
in 1991. 1 December 1990 143
- CPC Central Committee Opinion on the 10-Year Program and Eighth 5-Year
Plan. 30 December 1990 150
6 Social Issues
- Focus on Prostitution Today. Causes and Countermeasures. 4 January
- Li Xinrui, Lu Xuan, Yuan Mu Meets Students Detailed to PLA Academy.
4 January 1990 181
- Gan Wei, It's Better to Be a Little More Honest. 13 January 1990 183
- Gan Wei, Why Don't You Throw Aside Your Prejudices. 20 January 1990
- Women Comprise 29 Percent of Leadership. 23 January 1990 186
- Yang Baibing, The New Era Cries for More Lei Fengs. 2 February 1990
- Nan Puyun, How Can Black Be Confounded with White? 27 February 1990
- Editorial, Push the Cause of Women's Liberation Forward Under the Socialist
Banner. 8 March 1990 191
- He Ping, Jiang Zemin Invites Beijing University Students to Zhongnanhai
for a Chat. 23 March 1990 193
- "Lukewarm" Relationships Create Smaller Families. 26 April
- A Glimpse at the Modern Farmer's Outlook. 10 May 1990 196
- Editorial, Complete the Fourth Census with High Quality. 16 June 1990
- Editorial, Work Hard for the Country, Be Busy for the People. A Discussion
on the Question of Intellectuals. 24 July 1990 199
- First Religious History Book Published Since 1949. 23 September 1990
- What's a Dog Worth? 15 October 1990 203
- Editorial, A Great Success. Congratulating the 4th National Census
Working Personnel on Their Complete Success. 31 October 1990 204
- Ai Xiao, Zhang Sai, Director of the State Statistical Bureau, Answers
Reporters' Questions on the Results of the Fourth National Census. 31 October
- Statistics Bureau Notes Population Growth Rate and Geographic Distribution.
6 November 1990 206
- Fan You, State Commission of Specialists on AIDS Prevention and Control
Issues Open Letter, Calling on Medical Workers to Meet the Challenge of
AIDS. 1 December 1990 207
- Zheng Qingdong and Luobu Cerin, Li Peng Attends a National Religious
Work Conference and Delivers an Important Speech. 5 December 1990 208
7 Military Affairs
- Zhong Su, Great Conditions. May 1989, January 1990 212
- Zhang Zhenglong, What Is History? August 1989 228
- Fighting Bourgeois Liberalization in the Military Economy. January
- Political Work in the Army. 27 February 1990 233
- Li Chenghua, Xu Rujun, A New Situation and a New Pace. Political Work
in the PLA Over the Last Year. 3 October 1990 238
- Ge Xiangxian and Wu Dongfeng, Divine Troops of the Republic. A Visit
to Our Country's First Quick Reaction Unit. December 1990 242
8 Thought, Culture, Ideology
- Li Ruihuan Speaks on Developing National Culture. 10 January 1990 246
- Editorial, Leadership Must Be in the Hands of Loyal Marxists. 16 January
- Li Ruihuan, Speech to National Lei Feng Emulation Forum. 5 March 1990
- Jiang Zemin, Patriotism and the Mission of the Chinese Intellectuals.
Speech at a Report Meeting Held by Youth in the Capital to Commemorate
"May 4th." 3 May 1990 258
- Li Ruihuan, Several Issues Relevant to Doing Ideological and Political
Work Among Workers. Speech at the 6th Annual Symposium for the Study of
Ideological and Political Work Among Chinese Workers. 18 May 1990 267
- Hu Sheng, Speech at a Forum Marking the 150th Anniversary of the Opium
War. 4 June 1990 275
- Li Ruihuan, Speech at the National Conference on "Antipornography"
Work. 24 October 1990 281
- Editorial, Building of Spiritual Civilization Should Be Grasped Constantly
and Tightly. 5 November 1990 287
9 Politics, Purges, Power Struggles
- Yi Ren, The Ins and Outs of the Zhuozhou Conference. January 1990 291
- He Pin, Confidential Documents from the Ministry of State Security
and the Ministry of Public Security Reveal the CPC's Strategy to Split
the Pro-Democracy Movement. April 1990 297
- Issues Concerning the Strengthening of Socialist Democracy. Answers
by Yuan Mu, Director of the State Council Research, to Questions from Reporters
of Party Documents. 29 May 1990 303
- Jiang Zemin Stresses Science Programs. 29 May 1990 310
- Editorial, Stability Overrides All Other Considerations. 4 June 1990
- Fang Lizhi Allowed Medical Treatment Abroad. 25 June 1990 313
- Peng Zhen, Seek Truth from Facts, Refrain from Empty Talk. 27 June
- Editorial, Grasp Firmly the Central Task of Economic Construction.
29 August 1990 319
- Editorial, Make Unremitting Efforts to Oppose Bourgeois Liberalization.
Second Comment on Implementing the Party's Basic Line. 30 August 1990 320
- Editorial, Make Unremitting Efforts to Push Forward Reform and Opening
Up. Third Comment on Implementing the Party's Basic Line. 31 August 1990
- Li Demin, "Rumors Are Rumors." Criticizing Hong Kong Papers'
Slander Against Renmin Ribao Editorials on the Party's Basic Line. 11 November
10 Sports. The Asian Games
- Liu Xiaoming, Miao Lu, Competently Play the Host, Warmly Welcome the
Guests; Chen Xitong, Others Meet Chinese, Foreign Reporters on the Asian
Games. 30 March 1990 326
- Commentator, Make the Asian Games a Success, Win Honor for the Chinese
Nation. Written 100 Days Before the 11th Asian Games Opens. 14 June 1990
- Commentator, "To Discover Problems Counts as an Achievement."
Struggle for 50 Days to Usher in the Asian Games. 3 August 1990 330
- Editorial, Kindle the Sacred Fire of the Asian Games and Display the
Gallant Style of Asia. Greeting the Opening of the 11th Asian Games. 21
September 1990 331
- Wang Renzhi, Speech at a Press Conference for Domestic Reporters Covering
the Asian Games. 5 October 1990 333
- CPC Central Committee and the State Council, Congratulatory Letter
to the Chinese Sports Delegation. 7 October 1990 334
- CPC Central Committee and the State Council, Congratulatory Letter
to the Asian Games Organizing Committee. 7 October 1990 335
- Editorial, Victory of the Aim of the Asian Games. Congratulating the
Closing of the 11th Asian Games. 8 October 1990 336
- Editorial, The Spirit of the Beijing Asian Games Shines Over China.
10 October 1990 338
11 Foreign Affairs
- Wang Lin, Looking Towards the 1990s. 1 January 1990 341
- CPC Center, Critique of the 2nd Plenum of the CPSU. February 1990 346
- He Xin, The World Economic Situation and China's Economic Problems.
15 August 1990 350
- Qian Qichen, Speech at the United Nations. 28 September 1990 372
- Qian Qichen, The Changing World Situation and China's Foreign Affairs.
15 December 1990 376
12 National Minorities
- Li Peng, Perform Our Work Well Among Nationalities and Strive for the
Common Prosperity of All Nationalities. 15 February 1990 382
- Martial Law to Be Lifted in Lhasa on 1 May. 30 April 1990 389
- Xinhua Special Commentator, Consolidate Stability and Unity, and Build
and Develop Tibet. 30 April 1990 389
- During a Discussion with Renmin Ribao Reporters, Wang Enmao Stresses
that National Solidarity Is the Basis of Stability and Development. 13
June 1990 391
13 Taiwan, Hong Kong, Unification of China
- General Secretary Jiang Zemin and the Delegation from Taiwan's "Unification
Alliance" Discuss the Unification of the Motherland. 19 February 1990
- Huang Riyao, A Creative Masterpiece. 22 February 1990 398
- Bai Liang, "Elastic Foreign Policy" Runs Counter to "One
China." 3 May 1990 400
- Jiang Zemin Speaks on the Taiwan Issue. 11 June 1990 404
- Xinhua Commentator, Responsibility of Taiwan Authorities Cannot Be
Shirked. 22 August 1990 406
- Yang Shangkun Comments on Reunification. 24 September 1990 407
- Tang Ming, "One Country, Two Regions" Follows in the Footprints
of "One Country, Two Governments." 13 October 1990 412
- Fan Liqing, National Work Conference on Taiwan Convened. 12 December
14 Personalities; Necrology
- Deng Yingchao, Mourn Comrade Cai Chang, Learn from Comrade Cai Chang.
13 September 1990 417
- Chen Yun Urges Studying Marxist Thought. 15 April 1990 420
- Learning from the Economic Theory of Comrade Chen Yun. 14 September
- Deng Xiaoping's "Testament." March 1990 423
- Li Wei, Deng Xiaoping's Resignation from State Central Military Commission
Chairmanship Is Approved. 21 March 1990 424
- Sports and Optimist Attitude, The Secret to Deng Xiaoping's Longevity.
19 December 1990 425
- Philosopher, Professor Feng Youlan Dies. 27 November 1990 426
- Jiang Zemin Elected Chairman of State Central Military Commission.
3 April 1990 427
- Qiao Shi, A Respectable Veteran Communist. In Deep Memory of Comrade
Li Yimang. 10 December 1990 428
- Da Wan, Divine Troops Come Down from Heaven. Memoirs of Chief Peng's
First Battle in Korea. May 1990 431
- Li Xiannian Mourns Xu Xiangqian. 23 September 1990 442
Chronological List of Documents 445
Go to Academic International Press Home